An online automobile resource company sees 75% reduction in time to market with Salesforce Lightning and CPQ
Information on Applications Managed:
- Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Salesforce Service Cloud
- Salesforce CPQ
- Enterprise Edition – 375+ Salesforce users
- Oracle Cloud ERP for Billing and Subscriptions
- Integration with Invoca and DocuSign
Challenges & Goals
The company had a legacy Salesforce application that had been customized heavily over the years. They were finding it difficult to respond quickly to business needs due to the complexity of the customization and limited knowledge of customizations done in the past. The core areas that needed to be addressed were:
- Complete revamp of the complex legacy process of Lead to Cash cycle by replacing legacy custom solutions with Salesforce CPQ.
- Migration from Salesforce Classic to Lightning to enable the users to leverage Lightning UI and CPQ functionality and drive better adoption.
- Analysis of their current org and code to eliminate challenges and errors caused by exceeding governor and storage limits.
- Migrate integration of Salesforce with Aria Billing to Oracle Cloud ERP.
- A comprehensive migration from Salesforce Classic to Lightning was completed in less than 12 weeks. The Lister team moved over 168 Components and complex Visualforce pages to Salesforce Lightning.
- The current Lead-to-cash process for the client was overly manual. There was a misalignment between what sales staff were doing and what finance wanted. We replaced their current Lead-to-cash process with Salesforce CPQ which automated most of the manual processes. The implementation of Salesforce CPQ gave clear visibility into future revenue and aligned Sales and Finance processes.
- We completed a comprehensive Salesforce org health check and audit to identify all issues that were causing errors due to governor limits and deviations from best practices. We focused on the three core areas – Usage, Design, and Governance. We eliminated identified problems as well risk areas and optimized their Salesforce instance to avoid exceeding governor and storage limits.
- With the implementation of Salesforce CPQ, we revamped the integration and migrated the integration from Aria to Oracle Cloud ERP.
- Set up a customized conversion guided flow in Salesforce to manage their discounts and promotions on a large scale.
- 75% reduction in time to market for the new product – An estimated decrease from 2 months to 2 weeks.
- Sales contract approvals improved from 69% to 87% with the implementation of Salesforce CPQ.
- 70% reduction in time to product retirement – An estimated decrease from 2 weeks to 3 days.
- Premier Conversion guided flow reduced promotions and discounts processing time and clicks by 50% across various teams. Also, it reduced the case volume by 25%.