A communications software company increases revenue by empowering its partners through Salesforce Community solution
Information on Applications Managed:
- Salesforce Partner Community Cloud
- Sales Cloud
- Service Cloud
- Performance Edition – 3900+ Salesforce users
Challenges & Goals
The company was looking to implement the Salesforce Partners Community solution to give a separate interface and access to Salesforce data for their partners to manage, track and forecast partner sales alongside the direct sales in Salesforce org. The company was finding it challenging and time-consuming to manually track and update partner deals and quotes in Salesforce. The company was not getting the level of expertise needed from their existing Salesforce vendor to build a solution to empower partners to manage the entire sales cycle, including product selection, pricing, and quote generation.
Lister’s Salesforce certified team completed the Partner Community project in two phases.
- A UI/UX rich portal was built on the Salesforce Partner Community that enabled 1000+ partners to sell customer’s products. It included a custom sales pipeline, opportunity management, and CPQ functionality with complex workflows and tight data access controls based on the user access/level. Initially, this was released to the partners in North America to sell the client’s products.
- Based on the results achieved as a part of the phase 1 product launch, we rolled out a Salesforce Partner Community solution for partners in multiple countries (with multiple currencies) to sell customer’s products.
- The Salesforce Partner Community was launched in less than 12 weeks in phase 1 which was a record time for such projects with a high level of complexity.
- Time to market for subsequent partner community portals shrunk to two weeks for the phase 2 rollout.
- A significant jump in revenue experienced by the client as partners were completely empowered to leverage the portal to generate quotes and shrink timelines to send quotes dramatically.